Rossi – Let the eCat Speak For Itself

July 29, 2011

Replying to a comment by ‘Dwayne’ on his blog, Andrea Rossi (rather elegantly considering the language issues) explains why he ignores the calls for more ‘proof’. We have heard it before but this is one of the longest posts I’ve seen him make except in anger.

I would guess that he has heard about Krivit’s impending report and this has sharpened his feelings for the subject. With such a short time between now and the 1MW demo, I find such calls puzzling. People want to make better steam or hot water tests or to analyze, frame by frame, videos of a demo that they themselves complain is not set up to measure properly – all this when a 1MW plant will be shown in a few weeks. If we were told by a drug company that they had a pill to cure cancer and would show its fruits at the end of October, we would not demand better proof now or sweat over film of the pill being swallowed by a patient in the meantime – unless you were trying to queer the pitch in some way or were just anally retentive. Anyway, here’s AR’s take on it:

• Andrea Rossi

Dear Dwayne,
    I agree with your attitude. By the way: my only real problem is to manufacture plants which satisfy the needs of my Customers. Skepticism is not my business. Nor is my business if a person is convinced or not, so far he is not a Customer.
    Your comment is very smart also on another point: I cannot lose my very limited time to answer or to convince the so called “skeptics”, because whatever I answer they will always have new objections: I saw that Skeptics are divided in the following categories:
    1- honest skeptics (like you): they do not need to be convinced by chatters, they are like you, they wait for a 1 MW plant in operation, and after that to the thousands of 1 MW plant in operation which will follow up
    2- Competitors: they want to know how my toy works: they will never accept an explication unless they are put in condition to copy my tech: with them my time should be totally lost, or negatively (for me) employed;
    3- Lobbysts against my tech and “journalists” paid by competitors or lobbysts : whatever I will say, they will shoot. Ignoring them. their shoots will make the effect of tennis balls against a tank
    4- Imbeciles: an army of persons that have nothing to do and play the scientists, without even understanding what they are talking about; to talk with them is a pure loss of time
    The categories 2 and 3 are the most vociferous in asking new public tests in “indipendent” labs, wherein “indipendent” means a lab in competition with us and in contact with them…one among the most called for is also the one that has organized a campaign against me, to try to discredit my work, buying a “journalist”. Never mind: just other tennis balls against my tank: the 1 MW plant that I will put in operation in October and that will be the first of a long sery. My plants will talk for me: FACTS, AGAINST CHATTERS. Let them chatter, we will see. And I am sure you will be glad to know that from our analysis we understood that in the Skeptics universe most of People thinks like you. The competitors, lobbysts, corrupt journalists, imbeciles battalion is made of a small number of persons that to try to appear more persons than they are invent a lot of fake names. Our informatics have found one imbecile who has coined for himself 11 different names and email addresses…basically, is a small and not significant self- referencing community. If my plants will work well for my Customers, they will be the last of my problems. If my plants will not satisfy my Customers, they will be the last of my problems. Definitely, in any case they will be the last of my problems, so there is no reason for me to lose my time to repeat thousands of time the same things. I am putting my life on this stake, I have bertter to do than to listen these guys.
    After this analysis, it is clear why I have chosen to employ my time only to work as hard as possible. While the imbeciles chatter, you have not idea of the difficulties I have to overcome every day.
    Warm regards,
    A.R

Posted by on July 29, 2011. Filed under Drama,Krivit,Media & Blogs. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

19 Responses to Rossi – Let the eCat Speak For Itself

1. Sebastian

July 29, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Hi,
    the first link is broken!
    But I agree, this is his first comment on skeptics or those who claim to be skeptics without getting carried away.
    I was really surprised, having thought he would not want to comment deeply any more since the last answers have all been very superficial.
    His answers only underline his attitude: make, then talk. I just hope this “Krivit bomb” (should it be one) won’t do him much damage.
    Cheers

• admin

July 30, 2011 at 12:25 am

Hi Sebastion… Works OK for me.

I’m guessing that the same dogged determination to go his own way and swim upstream can turn to extreme frustration when he is attacked. If the eCat works as advertised, I’d want to strangle all these people. Rossi knows that you have to ignore it all and stay on course but it is hard to do and that sometimes shows. He is a human being fighting a big fight.

2. Pingback: Rossi – Let the eCat Speak For Itself

3. Sergio

July 30, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Dear Andrea, I am an engineer and skeptical optimist, I let myself be surprised by the true facts. You are absolutely right about the imbeciles. They are useful to anybody even to themselves. Forza Rossi!

• admin

July 30, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Hi Sergio,

Andrea Rossi wrote the above post on his own blog and I just copied it. He is good at answering comments (although I guess he’s probably avalanched now) so try him there. The link to follow is in the post.

4. Guru

July 30, 2011 at 4:37 pm

This is lookin as “Ingenieur” Rossi has some cardinal problems with basic math:

Dear Mr. Rossi,

I see little inconsistence in claim about cost of 1 US cent / 1 kWh of electric energy produced by E-Cat/Hyperion:

Defkalion publicly stated they want fee 500 to 900 Euros per 1 charge of few grams of nickel. This is some 700 to 1300 US dollars.

1 e-cat with 4 kWh of THERMAL output = cca 1 kW electric output.

1 charge of nickel powder is for half year.

182 days x 24 hours = 4 368 hours of operation

x 1 kW electric output = 4 368 kWh output electricity for half year

x 1 US cent = 44 US dollars for this sum of electric output energy

1 charge cost 700 to 1300 US dollars so 1 kWh must cost around 20 to 25 US cents per kWh and it is not calculated amortization of hardware.

You want overwrite mathematics for basic school too ?

July 30, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Guru to Rossi’s credit, im not sure he was referring to anything except water heating which does not require conversion to electricity. Also its not obvious to me if he was using the 4kw or the 12.5kw number.

• admin

July 30, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I think you are right, LCD.
        The figure Guru is using also refers to the cost per KW for the device and not for the recharge. At one point Rossi guessed at $100 per six month charge but I doubt it will be anywhere near that low to begin with (unless they want to make a competitive point). He says that the core can be mass-manufactured by the million and distributed globally like distributing software (albeit atomic). Defkalion will set the price and it will reflect what the market will stand in relation to their overall strategy and cash-flow needs. Indirectly, Rossi is telling us where this could go rather than giving us hard figures we could go to the bank with.

5. LCD

July 30, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Krivit I think has already given us the conclusion of his third report. Ill summarize it.
    Scientifically speaking no public evidence for the ecat claims exists. Here are 24 appendices explaining why. We await the Rossi 1MW plant. Nobody invest anything until it has been publically proven to work.

Ok seems fair enough. But thousands of vegas type gamblers will not care because the risk reward factor is worth it. And maybe that is why money invested is not a good indication of its reality.

Anyways, I am unsure if its going to provide any “aha” evidence. I think hes actually taking a swipe at Essen, Kullander, and Askellet. And of course questioning the competence of several scientists. Be curious to hear their response.

As for me, I will continue to remain skeptical until the 1MW plant appears and not be persuaded by words, demos, and third hand knowledge either way. I understand this topic is incredibly polarizing and controversial and deservedly so.

I will add that some people are way to “energy problems are over, yuppi” about Rossis device and we need the Krivits to temper them.

And there are others who are somehow overly anxious to disprove Rossi and I cant quite yet figure out why with the reactor proof (either way) being so close. Perhaps for the ever satisfying “l told you so”, maybe.

Looking forward to the unfolding drama.

• Jimbo Stoner

July 30, 2011 at 10:40 pm

LCD: “Nobody invest anything until it has been publically proven to work.”

Nobody’s asking you to invest. If you want to invest, sorry, you can’t. Neither Rossi nor Defkalion are seeking investment from the public.

6. maryyugo

July 30, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Rossi’s latest rant, as usual, makes little or no sense. Why do we need to wait for a megawatt “plant” when an existing E-cat that he claims runs on no input energy at all could dispel all doubt with a one day simple test? Of course it would have to be run by someone other than Rossi. Why that has never been done is hard to understand, skeptic or not.

As to his point 2, I think he’s referring to Piantelli. If the E-cat is real, why don’t they work together instead of butting heads? Does Rossi really think Piantelli is hiring reporters to make E-cat look bad? Wouldn’t that be beyond stupidity if E-cats are real? Again: Rossi makes no sense.

Lobbyists are being paid to oppose the E-cat? What nonsense. How would that work out if the E-cat is real? I wish I could become a paid debunker. Where does one get such a cushy job? God knows, there are plenty of scams to debunk. Still not sure whether Rossi is one but it sure is shaping up that direction with all this inane banter.

As to the fourth point, so Rossi’s critics are imbeciles? Is it being an imbecile to point out ways the E-cat could have been demonstrated back in January so there would have been no doubt that it worked? Seems smart to me. Seems that not doing proper tests this far into the project is sort of imbecilic. Maybe someone can explain it to me?

July 31, 2011 at 7:35 am

maryyago,
    As main line-science refuses to accept anything “beyond known science” and destroys anybody who tries to show them i.e. Pons etc. Rossi has brilliantly bypassed every destructive establishment naysayer and (if correct) will in Oct make them look the complete incompetent fools that they are.
    We are still waiting for confirmation from NASA that a meeting took place, but I am sure they have some good reason for keeping it secret.
    Why on these blogs are you not calling NASA names for not confirming or denying the meeting or their Cold Fusion research
    You seem to have one rule for independent achieving scientists and another for the secretive, distorting, administration.

• maryyugo

August 3, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Interestingly, NASA has confirmed the meeting in several places. And they also said, as per Krivit’s latest report, that Rossi showed them nothing and they tested nothing. Rossi apparently asked them to conduct some testing of the E-cat, they quoted a price and so far, Rossi has done nothing else to proceed with it. That seems to be where the NASA thing stands as of today.

Except for work which is done directly for the military, NASA has no secrets. It’s a civilian agency and has to be kept completely open and public to receive funds. All its reports are open literature. And you can get virtually anything you want (except such private info as personal details about astronauts) with the freedom of information act requests as many people have done.

8. LCD

July 31, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Mary from the point of view of Rossi he has done enough. Hard to blame him if he already has customers wouldnt you say?

George I think pens confirmed the meeting, if you believe them.

Jimbo it is true no open public investment avenues exist, but according to several sources including Defkalion, money has changed hands. Now what are the terms of those contracts? Nobody knows.

9. maryyugo

July 31, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I wouldn’t mind if Rossi gave NO public demonstrations. But he gave demos to skeptics and reporters! And they were wildly insufficient and badly done. Why do something like that and not correct it promptly if you have no intent to deceive? That’s what I can’t figure out. A proper test of Rossi’s machine takes less than a week and costs very little. WHY won’t he do it?

August 1, 2011 at 9:40 am

Maybe he is just happy to teach arrogant, self-serving, self-important, main-line science the lesson it deserves.
    He is saying F*** you, nobody needs you.

• maryyugo

August 1, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Sure George, sure. Very likely. I’m sure if I had the most important discovery man has made in two centuries, I’d first teach “science” a lesson.

Anyway, we’ll see what tune you’re whistling in December. I’m betting it will be “Dixie”.

August 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Hi maryyago, bookies won’t take a bet, I have tried.
        Read my comment on Rossi’s page today, there’s the answer why no science, journals etc. can face, new science.

11. RudiD

August 4, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I hope the Defkalion demonstration will make us indeed wiser and be done in a fully scientific correct way. As they are going to work with steam at 200° C, I wonder whether the wetness of the steam would still be an issue.