Exciting eCatNews

December 16, 2015

The following list details recent developments destined to bring the eCat to a mass-market, world-changing reality:

Posted by on December 16, 2015. Filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

2,832 Responses to Exciting eCatNews

1. Thomas Clarke

April 7, 2016 at 11:52 am

My guess is that IH are not paying because they smell a rat over Rossi’s measurements – possibly they have now worked out that the Lugano test results are all wrong.

The agreement is a license agreement so IH are entitled not to pay – they just cede the license. Although they raised funds on expectations they did legally have the license over the period from paying $10m onwards, so I don’t see rossi has anything here.

The agreement explicitly gives them the ability to prosecute patents themselves for the US territories.

So I’m not sure what there is in Rossi’s claim that stands up?

More relevant to IH is quite how they explain this volte face to their big investors.

2. Daniel Maris

April 7, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Well if it turns out that the test premises were owned by a chemical company that Rossi or his mates were instrumental in setting up in June 2014, then I think one would have to say that smells very bad! However, I hope we hear IH’s side of the story before too long, because Rossi going public with his plaint is a bit counter-intuitive for a scam. The problem here is we don’t know what IH have been doing. If they sent a lawyer’s letter to Rossi asking for the $11.5 million dollars back and threatening legal action, I guess this could be Rossi’s retaliation. But it is a retaliation that is very risky for him. If we hear that Rossi has relocated back to Italy, I guess we may safely conclude it was all a scam.

• tony2

April 7, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Daniel,

Unless, as has been suggested, AR has balls the size of China and he thinks he can force IH to pony up some more money – not necessarily the whole 89 mil – so he can buy some more real estate and time to continue the Quark play.
      Or maybe he gets enough out of IH to just fold up the tent and go home. Hell, he could keep writing on JoNP and making stuff up for years if he wanted to.

This development is so much more entertaining than just looking at a report!

Tony2

3. Other Newman

April 7, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Testing. Does this work?

4. Newman

April 7, 2016 at 1:48 pm

I can’t seem to post this morning.

5. JNewman

April 7, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Ok Paul, I am mystified.

I have tried 5 times to post about JM Chemical in answer to a comment by grenble and it does not go through. It is being treated as spam. Why?

All I am saying is the J&C Chemical and JM Chemical are the same company and provided a link.

6. Daniel Maris

April 7, 2016 at 1:59 pm

The main reasons I would like to hear from IH are:

1. Do they dispute the findings of the ERV?

2. Do they have any evidence of fraud?

3. How do they respond to Rossi’s claim that they had no suitable premises available for the testing of the E Cat in Aug 2013? That does seem quite incredible. Is Rossi twisting the truth? Were IH just incompetent? Or is there some other explanation.

The rowing over patents and so on is of no great import, unless it shows IH believe the E Cat technology to be genuine.

April 7, 2016 at 2:05 pm

I guess your earlier criteria don’t really matter to you, eh?

“2. The report author needs to be credible. Ideally some sort of established technology assessment company.

4. The pilot plant needs to be credible (ie not a Rossi-controlled facility)”

We have an old Rossi crony and, as far as we can tell, a paper company formed for the purpose of the test.

Close enough for you, eh?

• Pweet

April 11, 2016 at 10:21 am

IH does not need to dispute the findings of the ERV to dump the agreement. They probably would dispute the findings if they had to but they don’t have to.

The simple fact is, they are saying in all the time they have been part of this circus act, they have NOT been able to get the ecat to generate excess energy. In other words, they have done their own tests and the results are not consistent with the results claimed for the tests Rossi has done.

They are not saying the Rossi testsw did not produce excess energy, although by now they probably don’t believe they did, but hat would be very difficult for them to now prove. They are just saying their tests cannot.
      Why is this important?
      Under the terms of the agreement Rossi is supposed to hand over ALL the information (IP) required for IH to utilise the technology; that means to make and operate a reactor in a mode which produces excess energy.
      IH says they cannot achieve that.
      The logical conclusions can only be, either the technology doesn’t work, or Rossi is holding back critical information (IP).
      Either of those circumstances are good reason to dump the agreement, and that’s what they have done.

Mr. Rossi could fix that by supervising IH in the manufacture of a working reactor, (Rossi said he did a year ago anyway) and then indicate to IH where they are going wrong which is causing them to get a negative result. He could then do a hands off supervision of the test if IH still can’t get positive results on their own.
      That might be a problem for Rossi because through most of the recent tests he has always said the results could be either positive of negative. So, I don’t see why he is so surprised to find IH has been consistently getting negative results.
      I mean, I’m not at all surprised so why is he?

Also, re: point 3 above, we only have Rossi’s say so that a suitable test site could not be found.
      It’s quite possible that various sites had been found but none were to the liking of Mr. Rossi.
      In the past he has been highly selective in finding suitable ‘customers’ for his reactors, to the extent he wouldn’t even provide reactors to fill orders for his licensees. (Prometeon. Read Aldo Proia’s letter regarding this) There is no way of knowing for sure at this point but on past experience, I would be reluctant to take what Rossi says as the un-embellished truth.

7. Jami

April 7, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Nothing new apart from the lawsuit. JM had ben revealed as “the customer” about a year ago, haven’t they.

April 7, 2016 at 2:43 pm

It’s kind of too bad that the only people who care about this nonsense are small groups on a few obscure websites. If an actual investigative reporter were to get involved, one could learn so much so quickly. For example, there are existing businesses on either side of JM in the same little industrial park. It would be interesting to talk to them about the activities (or lack thereof) of their neighbor. Surely they must have been aware of the old Italian guy who was camped out there 18 hours a day for an entire year!

• Jami

April 7, 2016 at 3:07 pm

My first guess would’ve also been that he spent these 18 hours playing tennis and teaching Sicilian songs to his hookers – but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he really was crazy enough to stay in that container doing – god knows what.

• Pweet

April 11, 2016 at 10:27 am

I originally doubted he spent that much time there, but now we know there was $89 million swinging on a positive outcome, it is feasible that he was, if only to fiddle the readings to fiddle the readings or redirect the methodology the get the desired positive result. That would then be consistent with previous tests and demonstrations.

8. Jami

April 7, 2016 at 2:58 pm

I wonder what the reaction of those believers is who claimed the involvement of Cherokee would lend credibility to Rossi. That never made any sense unless you believed that having a billion dollars at your disposal automatically meant you couldn’t be fooled. Now though, Rossi claims to have been systematically defrauded by Darden and Vaughn in a very obvious, even blunt and stupid (if it were true) way through things like filing a patent in his name which they can’t possibly hope to keep secret from Rossi. No doubt most will (have to) reason that Darden and Vaughn, while infinitely clever, are also a bunch of amateurish criminals at the same time. In all likelihood they’re just idealistic and gullible, of course, but that doesn’t keep Mats Lewan from writing an article quoting Rossi as if everything he says was proven fact.

Next step will probably be a settlement which spares Darden the embarrassment of being publicly exposed as a naive idiot and lets Rossi sufficient room for finding his next mark (unless it’s high enough for him to buy an island somewhere and spend his fast declining years in reasonable luxury – but I kind of doubt he’s that kind of a guy).

• Thomas Clarke

April 7, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Rossi, like any good magician, likes playing to an audience and I think money would not satisfy him, though he seems happy to buy those condos.

9. Jami

April 7, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I’m too lazy to look it up – but didn’t Rossi respond to authorities claiming there were no nuclear plants in development or production in Florida? But that probably was before 2014.

10. Ransompw

April 7, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Seems pretty obvious this is finally over, so I would like to graciously acknowledge that here. I suspect that if we ever hear from IH, they will reveal that back in 2013 when they got to evaluate the 1Mw plant themselves they knew they had been taken. That fits with what I would have assumed if this was all vapor, but I didn’t think IH would string this along through 2015 without a peep suggesting they knew it didn’t work. That surprises me and makes me wonder why (maybe to protect themselves from adverse publicity) but who knows.

Anyway, I have concluded which should make Newman happy. I think it would have been nice if IH had let me do it in the summer of 2013 and I would have spent even less time here, although thankfully I had the good sense to cut back the last 18 months. In retrospect, I can’t imagine why those convinced as I am now spend a minute here. I won’t from now on.

April 7, 2016 at 3:45 pm

To each his own tipping point.

• Mary Yugo

April 7, 2016 at 4:53 pm

You should have appreciated that this had a high probability of being a scam, back in 2011. By hanging around, you might learn something. But no, you won’t. So you will go on being the same gullible Ransom. What’s next for you? Brillouin? Miley? Swartz? Nanospire whack jobs? McKubre? Mills’ hydrino nonsense?

I bet DSM still thinks Papp has a shot.

You will simply fall for the next juicy scam around, just like the other believers. It seems to be what you folks do.

How do you feel about all the insults you heaped on the people who were correct from the start and for all the right reasons? I bet you still feel the critics were unwarranted and deserved your insults, don’t you, Ransom?

• Prakash

April 8, 2016 at 3:49 am

I am glad he insulted you. I will carry his torch and insult you in his behalf. How about this:

Yugo, your mother dresses you funny.

Top that

11. Jami

April 7, 2016 at 3:33 pm

“Guys, the cop was 50!!!
    It is obvious what has happened here. IH has tried to shaft Rossi out of his hard earned work. They know the eCat works, they have his secrets and want to go it alone and steal all the $$$.”

Oh sure. These clever, unfoolable (is that a word?) guys from Cherokee have access to a COP 50 technology which would make trillions in immediate investment from all over the world IF they could prove it – but they rather opt for saving a silly 100 million. Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

• Mary Yugo

April 7, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Exactly.

• Prakash

April 8, 2016 at 3:47 am

You definitely were and your parents didn’t want kids either !

• Prakash

April 8, 2016 at 3:46 am

I wasn’t but were you?

12. Mary Yugo

April 7, 2016 at 4:48 pm

1. It was TWENTY MILLION to Rossi as per some reference I remember saying he was paid the SECOND payment of $10M.

2. If he relocates in Italy, you will conclude it was all a scam, Daniel? Yikes! It was a scam since Levi refused to repeat his Spring 2011 experiment with proper controls. It was a scam since the non-demo and non-customer in October 2011. It has born EVERY usual characteristic of a scam since the start.

You, Ransom and many others never understood how classical a scam this was and how unlikely it was that Rossi ever had ANYTHING, all the way back to when Rossi bamboozled poor old Focardi, probably with misplaced thermocouples.

Rossi is a crook. Skeptics knew that all long and reaped an immense amount of abuse, stalking and insults from believers. Some apologies are in order.

April 7, 2016 at 4:59 pm

No apologies will ever be offered regardless of how this all plays out. In the minds of the believers, until and unless THEY conclude that it is scam, nobody else has the right to draw that conclusion.

April 7, 2016 at 5:04 pm

Never go into the business of “skepticism” expecting apologies. That would be missing (partially) the point.

🙂

• Mary Yugo

April 7, 2016 at 7:05 pm

LOL

• grenble

April 7, 2016 at 5:38 pm

“It was TWENTY MILLION to Rossi as per some reference I remember saying he was paid the SECOND payment of $10M.”

Oh dear Hody, wrong again…

13. Obro

April 7, 2016 at 7:00 pm

A lot of people here think that IH were defrauded,but AR accuses them of filing a patent application in the US & around the world, claiming authorship of his invention, as well as investing in his competitors and sharing with them proprietary info.From this it logically follows that either IH are completely satisfied w/the results of the 1yr test or they are fraudsters themselves.

• Thomas Clarke

April 7, 2016 at 7:49 pm

No it does not. They may reckon Rossi could have something, like all the otehr LENR wannabees, but it is not currently working. in that case a patent might be worthwhile. Anyway most research companies are under pressure to get patents regardless. It is a sign of progress for investors.

• Mary Yugo

April 8, 2016 at 12:00 am

I disagree with Thomas. Obro is right. If, and it’s somewhat of a big if since it’s asserted by liar and crook Rossi, *if* IH did what Rossi alleges, they are scumbags also. I sort of doubt that they did. And to the extent that they did, it was possibly because they knew they could never trust Rossi to honor any agreement he could weasel his sorry ass out of.

14. Mary Yugo

April 7, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Here, you can see how stupid and incompetent IH was in their choice of “experts” and day to day monitors of the “plant” — both cronies of Rossi’s. I am amazed and astounded how people who control billions of dollars in a huge fund can be that incompetent and negligent. I think their shareholders should sue them.

As for Rossi, I suspect he is hoping to get away with an out of court settlement. I hope IH’s incompetence will not extend to their choice of legal counsel and they will fight this to the end.

As for Ransom, he has obviously not learned much and I predict he will be gullible again, with some other silly LENR project “du jour”. And he needs to apologize to all the skeptics he maligned who, it turned out, were correct for the right reasons and most of them from the start.

The best evidence so far is that there is absolutely nothing to claims by Brillouin, Mills (BLP), Swartz, Nanospire whack jobs, Miley, and so on.

And then there is poor Lewan. He’s doubling down on his bet that Rossi is right. That will make him look even more foolish at the end than he looks now, if that’s possible. I hope he has his June meeting. It will be hilarious to read the proceedings.

Finally, is Rossi nuts or is he only a crook? I don’t know. I suppose he could be both or either?

15. Thomas Clarke

April 7, 2016 at 7:25 pm

I’ve always thought Rossi is deluded in a way that allows him to rationalise acts that anyone else would view as deceit. And delusion helps his showmanship.

I think the reason he convinces people is because he is genuinely … Rossi.

But it is variable – he would never convince me, or quite a lot of other people. I don’t reckon eccentric scientists must therefore be brilliant. And anyway I know he is not a scientist. A thesis on the history of science really does not count.

• Pweet

April 11, 2016 at 10:34 am

I think hew is using Jedi mind control.
      “These are not the droids you are looking for.”

16. Mary Yugo

April 7, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Thomas, he’s a crook first and a nut case second. IMHO of course. Look at his history! Petroldragon, the thermoelectric scam, the purchased diploma from a mill, the conflicting claims on various blogs and interviews… the mark of a crook, a con man, a sociopath.

Looks like Shane learned nothing! What a classical believer case, almost as bad as Lewan who seems to have learned nothing also.

Shane:

He would have been more socially responsible had he long ago taken his Ecat to GE/Siemens, or just about anyone other than a VC group! Why Rossi? By the looks of it, the Ecat was fairly reliable back in May 2013 when IH accepted delivery after their 24 hour acceptance test in Italy. If the thing could run 24 hours at >6 back then, almost any of the international companies would have probably given him $1 billion right then and there. $100 mil is chump change for something so revolutionary.

Maybe, as Rossi has said, he likes his independence, and the big boys would have taken that away from him? I think it was 4 or so years ago that Italy’s ENEL did their successful DD of the Ecat, offered to buy the rights, but Rossi walked away from the offer. Well. looking at the documents, he probably would have had more independence with any energy related, or even high tech company, and have most of the money up front than the choice he made. Crazy he went with Cherokee.

Business man he isn’t. He has made his life far more difficult then it needed to be, and in the process kept from the society he claims to serve, this technology that could truly serve it!

on LENR Forum

17. Thomas Clarke

April 7, 2016 at 9:23 pm

IH says Rossi’s case has no merit, and they have been trying to get his stuff to work for 3 years with no success: he has broken the agreement many times.

(1) I agree with all this
    (2) I bet they will win in law.

However I also bet on ECW they will be working out conspiracy theories for why IH would say this…

• Mary Yugo

April 8, 2016 at 4:55 pm

WHat is interesting is to ask WHY IH and Woodford paid no attention to endless and competent internet warnings about this from many scientists as well as bloggers. And it has to be that they never conducted a single proper test of the technology claims because, if they had, they would have immediately realized that the device does not work.

IH also received many letters in private from qualified scientists, warning them that Rossi was a con man and a crook and that there is no way his claims and measurements could be valid. I have copies of several of these letters which I was asked to keep private.

This monumental idiocy centering around dozens of millions of dollars in investor money should also be a crime, though I doubt it is. Hopefully, investors in either Woodford or IH will take their money elsewhere.

• Pweet

April 11, 2016 at 10:38 am

It looks like IH took the warnings seriously, but that didn’t stop them unloading their loss onto others. They would see that as just good business practise.
        That’s business ethics for you these days.

18. Mary Yugo

April 7, 2016 at 9:41 pm

It’s difficult to select a dumbest post on e-dummyworld but maybe this qualifies:

Liberty Newspost • 6 minutes ago
    Maybe its time to take this to the streets with a demonstration.

Dumb and suggestive of a dangerous individual.

19. Thomas Clarke

April 7, 2016 at 10:24 pm

from ECW – LENR-G – so near and yet so far…

I get the sense that we really don’t know what’s going on despite all our efforts to put things together. There are some pieces to this puzzle that are currently logically mutually exclusive.

Meaning our frame of reference and assumptions are out of whack.

The best explanation I have at the moment is that the USG entered the picture and is seeking to suppress the technology (it may feel it is too disruptive or a security risk or security advantage they want to exploit) and is doing so, step 1, by discrediting Rossi, which is low hanging fruit.

If that’s the case then we will see some kind of resistance to Rossi’s move to market. Perhaps certification denials or regulation under nuclear fears. Something like that.

20. Mary Yugo

April 7, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Well, no, Ransom. Acknowledgement would be something like:

” I want to apologize profusely to all the skeptics and critics of Rossi who were right from the very beginning and who had the smarts, insight, and deductive power to see Rossi’s constant contradictions and retrospectively obvious scamming. They also had much scientific and technical knowledge which, I regret to admit, I completely lacked. And I completely failed to consider Rossi’s extensive criminal history causing me to misjudge the man totally.

I feel really bad that I was such a butt, acted like an ignorant and petulant child, and generally behaved in a way which did not make either my parents or my profession proud.

In the future, I will defer to expert arguments by those who really know what they are talking about. I will exert special efforts to discriminate between those who a really specialists (for example, when it comes to Rossi, nuclear physicists, heat transfer and fluid flow scientists and engineers. I now realize that it is much easier to conduct a scam than it is to overturn all of modern physics.

I now recognize that it is inappropriate to reason like an attorney when considering topics which are scientific and technical.

I am so so sorry about all the names I called (list of people). I was a dunce.”

That might be considered graceful or anyway, adequate.

• Prakash

April 8, 2016 at 3:43 am

STFU Yugo. Ransom is a beacon of honesty.

• Mary Yugo

April 8, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Sure, Prakash, and you are the beacon of brilliance and a wonderful source of important information. Oh…

21. Mary Yugo

April 8, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Rossi doubles down. Is he only a conman or insane as well?

Jerry Jones
    April 8, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    Dr Rossi, questions on ECW:

1) Is this legal case going to affect the production of E-Cat X or Quarks or whatever they are called?
    2) Is the production and appearance on market delayed? By how much?
    3) Does Rossi need new investors and money to get the production started?
    4) What obstacles other than remaining R&D are there now to get production and sales started?

April 8, 2016 at 9:36 AM
    Jerry Jones:
    1- NO
    2- it will be accelerated, because they were a brake
    3- no
    4- none, apart, limited to the domestic E-Cats, the safety certification

Gus

And about the business arrangements — as usual, everything and everyone was Rossi and cronies. Nothing “indipendent” whatsoever EVER.

Teemu
    April 8, 2016 at 6:20 AM
    Dear Andrea Rossi,

In this document it says that Henry W. Johnson, aka the President of Leonard Corp., is also the President of JMC. Did I understand correctly? http://www.sifferkoll.se/sifferkoll/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Rossi_et_al_v_Darden_et_al__flsdce-16-21199__0001.2.pdf

Thanks,

~Teemu

April 8, 2016 at 9:54 AM
    Teemu:
    I knew the Customer in the office of my Attorney Henry Johnson. They were enthusiast to test our 1 MW plant, to see if it really worked, because they were ( and are ) interested to buy more plants for their facilities in Europe. They wanted not to be exposed, though, therefore incorporated JM Products and made a plant for their production to make the test and appointed President their Attorney, who was also, as I said, my Attorney. IH knew all this and agreed, obviously, on this, making a rental agreement with JM Products to make the test in their factory. When IH met with the President of JM in Raleigh, I was present and I explained that he was also my Attorney. No problem has been raised by IH.

If IH didn’t raise an issue with this, as Rossi alleges, then they are spectacularly negligent and idiotic. On the other hand, Rossi is a chronic liar so who knows what IH did or didn’t do. I can’t wait till they file a countersuit. I bet they will!

• Pweet

April 11, 2016 at 10:54 am

Quote from above;
      ” If IH didn’t raise an issue with this, as Rossi alleges, then they are spectacularly negligent and idiotic.”
      I tend to think by the time the test started they had realised any test done by Rossi was rigged and they had decided to take their decisions only on the basis their own tests, which they now indicate they had been doing for three years.

So why wait out the 12 month test?
      Because it gave them another 12 months at no extra cost to be completely sure the golden chariot they had paid 11 million for was really a pumpkin.
      After the 12 month test they hadn’t even found any good pumpkin recipes so made the final decision to pull the plug.
      It’s pretty obvious now that Rossi knew this was about to happen and that’s what has prompted the barrage of ridiculous claims for the Curried Cat recipes and the new cat and duck recipes for the ecat quack X.

He said at christmas we would be surprised at how fast these could be put into production, indicating it could be as early as April this year, and yet here we are in April and he now hopes it might be in 2016. Well, I’m not surprised. But I will be if anything workable is produced by him ever.

While he constantly makes claims he is pulling rabbits out of his hat, all he ever does is pulls hares from his ass.

22. Thomas Clarke

April 8, 2016 at 6:16 pm

By my standards IH have been very careless indeed in believing any of the dubious (and any independent scientist would view them as dubious) tests.

But I can see things from their point of view. Like those within the LENR field – but no-one else – they felt working LENR+ was just around the corner. Rossi, however eccentric and difficult, seemed to have it. He had multiple independent tests backing this. The Swedish scientists would have been convinced, and would have said Penon’s report was convincing – they are easily satisfied.

Greed, or hope of a miracle, is a powerful force. IH would put up with a lot for as long as they felt Rossi could be a fast track to the miracle they want.

• Mary Yugo

April 8, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Consider Krivit’s web site about Rossi’s criminality, consider the letters addressed to Vaughn or Darden from reputable scientists, consider that any scientist worth the label would have asked why no experiment Rossi ever did had appropriate calibration and controls. Why would you spend so much money without checking the tests with a local university physics department or a qualified nuclear physics consultant?

They either did not even examine the internet chatter about Rossi or they didn’t believe it, or my pet theory, they don’t give a damn about caution as long as it’s other people’s money (OPM).

23. Mary Yugo

April 9, 2016 at 4:48 pm

New discussion. Mats sure has strange ideas.

And to those who think that IH will have to pay based only on the contract and the results of the test, as per the ERV and “customer” reports, remember that contracts aren’t valid if fraud was used to obtain them. IH will ask the court to require iron clad proof from Rossi that the ecat works. I am sure they can find *real* experts to blow the report and the methods used to get the data, out of the water. But IH will have to show some competence. Finally.

Maybe they will have the brains to consult some pathoskeptics to insure a proper test of Rossi’s supposed technology. Ya think?

24. Mary Yugo

April 9, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Always be suspicious when someone claims a “no brainer.” And uses no brains.

frankwtu

Consider this:

Rossi wins his case against Darden et al and is paid the remainder of his contract due damages and court costs. What are the implications?

Rossi is vindicated and also gains much needed credibility. Darden has Intellectual Property worth billions of dollars for which he has paid with the added bonus of a court case supporting the LENR invention.

Rossi looses, implications that his ‘invention’ does not work. Darden et al and Rossi has near worthless intellectual property.

Woodford et al sue Darden and Rossi for fraud.

Its a no brainer. Am I missing a trick here? Rossi will win and it will be a back door win for Darden and Cherokee et al

Best regards
    Frank

On LENR Forum

25. Mary Yugo

April 10, 2016 at 2:04 am

Arrest warrant issued for Rohner. Some scammers get brought to justice. Maybe someday Rossi.

26. Thomas Clarke

April 10, 2016 at 9:51 am

The labyrinthine complexity of most comments on the Rossi hissy-fit (entirely in character) is best shown up as below – a comment from ‘guest’ on Mats site. It fits all the facts.

The Rossi weird comment on patents is contrary to his IH licence agreement which specifically allows them to prosecute e-cat patents. So he has given permission. In writing. And of course they would grab patents just on the off chance… In any case it takes time and their Rossi-doubt would have been increasing over the weeks of nothing working.

As to why IH would not walk away, to me it’s obvious. Per contract two separate conditions preceded the $89M payment requirement:

1) convey all IP, know-how, recipes and provide any assistance required for IH to make the technology work immediately after $10M payment,2) report of successful one-year test.

We’ve all focused on #2, but #1 would be way more important for IH. And until #1 is fulfilled, easily argued that $89M payment isn’t contractually required. This means IH sits on the contract until #1 is completed, and if it never is then the contract remains unfulfilled and further payments aren’t required.

Why walk away from that contract ever? Even if you doubt Rossi’s technology works, you sit on it in the off-chance that at some point in the future he is able to show you how to get it to work. If Rossi teaches IH how to make the tech work down the road then great, $89M payment triggered, IH starts manufacturing and selling. If not then Rossi hasn’t fulfilled a pre-condition of the $89M and they aren’t obligated to pay until he does.

This is why they don’t call him fraud, and instead basically say we haven’t been able to make it work. Rossi is obligated to help them get it to work. There is no benefit to walking away, and no harm in keeping it open.

Keep in mind, they’re invested in other LENR technologies, and still seem optimistic even in their press release responding to lawsuit. They see promise in LENR in general and may be getting good results elsewhere. So if you believe in LENR in general, you don’t end the contract with Rossi (because if other people have something real then maybe he does too), you keep it open until the day he is able to show you enough to replicate and validate his claims on your own.

27. Mary Yugo

April 10, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Hey Thomas, that means that IH’s management are total idiots. It has been all over the internet that:

– Rossi is a proven crook

– Rossi cheated DOD out of millions for thermoelectric devices that did not and could not work

– Rossi has no legitimate credentials in physics other than a purchased fake diploma

– Rossi has never succeeded in any project whatever

– Every experiment done by Rossi on the ecat has holes you could drive a truck through and is not independent

– The ecat has never been shown to work by properly conducted independent tests

– The few times the ecat was properly tested, it in fact did NOT work

– Rossi always makes the same claims, plays the same tricks, never delivers on anything, and in general acts like the classical free energy scammer that he is

Now, I am not saying that IH should have necessarily avoided working with Rossi altogether, if they believed he *might* have high power LENR. But as a minimum courtesy for their share holders and investors, they needed to perform *proper* due diligence. And that would have involved a completely independent assessment of a single ecat module, not a complex and messy so-called megawatt plant. And that should have been done by experts from a major university (officially as a department) or a major government test lab. And the methods should have been clear and transparent. And IMO, critics and skeptics should have had input on the problems with the testing, if any.

If that had happened, IH’s stock holders would not be out a totally wasted $10M that went to Rossi’s parties, travel, blog and of course, the Florida condos.

I am absolutely mystified that nobody at IH realized you don’t verify Rossi’s technology by a year test with a huge contraption entirely in Rossi’s control! Rather you take a small module and arrange for your own test in weeks… and you do it BEFORE you give Rossi $10M for condos! Wow.

28. Thomas Clarke

April 10, 2016 at 9:06 pm

MY –

I can understand management paying NO ATTENTION to internet comment. I can (just about) understand them classing all strong negative comment as anti-LENR bias and therefore not looking at it. Remember that management are not capable of the technical evaluation so it all depends on the competence and technical ability of the people they employ who are technical. If they go to multiple people and get variable results they will probably choose to go ahead because reward/risk is so high.

But – I agree that they appear guilty of not having competent technical advice in-house when working out arrangements with Rossi. The 1 year test is appropriate only if proof of concept is 100% proven, and a robust industrial prototype has survived initial testing.

I guess they felt the 6 “independent” test did this. That is a matter of competence because investigating who the testers are and how are they qualified would have raised questions, even if they did not believe non-LENR scientist negative evaluations of the reports. Also scaling from a 1 unit device to a 100 unit device before thoroughly characterising the 1 unit device is technically incompetent.

• stefan

April 10, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Thomas:

IH probably back-pedaled and wanted better proof in order to continue. Rossi do claim that IH was a “brake”. They probably did additional tests after Lugano and did not find anything of value. So they had good technical understanding on what needed to be done and in what order. How the heck the one year test could be done although IH not getting any evidences is a mystery to me. Maybe the knew that they don’t need to pay without any proof and just kept a low profile. And now it is mostly a question of public affairs.

• Thomas Clarke

April 10, 2016 at 10:41 pm

I have an idea about that. IH did not want to do the 1 year test until they had replicated the tests (fair enough and correct). That is why they did not find Rossi a test site. They would have told Rossi this.

Rossi however decided to do the tests all on his own. IH did not agree to the test, but they did not publicly disagree because that would be very bad PR and also they were still with Rossi trying to get stuff to work.

If it did work then the one year test could still be valuable. Though I’d have thought they would see using penon again as a big no-no unless it is written into the contract that the ERV is fixed. In that case they are a bit stuffed.

29. Mary Yugo

April 11, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Gary Wright sinks his teeth into Rossi again. What a bulldog!

I’ve reminded believers over and over about Rossi’s incredible claim in his early patent apps, for example:

A practical embodiment of the inventive apparatus, installed on October 16, 2007, is at present perfectly operating 24 hours per day, and provides an amount of heat sufficient to heat the factory of the Company EON of via Carlo Ragazzi 18, at Bondeno (Province of Ferrara).

And I suggested a few reasons why it is impossible that this happened, mainly because nobody ever reported seeing or testing what would have been the eighth wonder of the world, an instant Nobel prize, and fortune for Rossi beyond his wildest dreams.

But Gary has many more reasons why this was a preposterous lie, starting Rossi on a road to endless lies and deceptions. If only IH had looked at ridiculous claims like this before giving Rossi money. If only they understood that lies like this make Rossi a crook and a scam artist, prima facia, before you even get to the robotized factories, alliances with universities and industry and all the other BS in his JONP blog.

Check it out, believers:

• Pweet

April 12, 2016 at 8:05 am

At above:
      “If only they understood that lies like this make Rossi a crook and a scam artist, prima facia, before you even get to the robotized factories, alliances with universities and industry and all the other BS in his JONP blog.”
      Yes yes yes,.. but all that’s in the past. No need to dwell on the petty details of the past. All that’s behind us now. We know there were some minor inconsistencies in the initial dialogue but having taken all that on board, it’s time to put all that behind us and move forwards in a spirit of congeniality. After all,.. now we have the e-cat quack X, which already produces heat, light and electricity, AC and DC, all at the same time in variable proportions. Just concentrate on the urgent need for such a technology so you can appreciate how this will save mankind. All your misgivings will evaporate into nothing.

I must get this keyboard looked at. The f9 key seems to be stuck.

30. Mary Yugo

April 13, 2016 at 12:06 am

I see people are writing in both threads, the one Paul started recently and the one we were using before that. Can we agree on which one to use?

This is the old one: http://ecatnews.com/?p=2683#comments

This is the new one: http://ecatnews.com/?p=2686#comments

31. grenble

April 13, 2016 at 3:55 pm

I think we should keep using this old thread. It makes much more sense than using the new one.

• Frank

April 13, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Yeah, grenble, just stay here!