Hydro Fusion, the Swedish license holders for Andrea Rossi’s eCat is making an interesting offer to entice a potential Swedish customer to test the water and act as a showcase for the technology. I’m not sure what to think of this. On the one hand it is interesting but I cannot help wonder why such a complicated dance would be required if the device simply worked as advertised. Potential customers could send their own engineers to Rossi to check the system out prior to buying. Why is it so hard?
I put the development under Interesting and Confusing
10 Jun 2013/in News/by adminHydro Fusion is looking for a Pilot Customer for the first ECAT 1 MW Plant to operate in Sweden. The customer will only pay for the energy produced by the ECAT, i.e. Hydro Fusion and Leonardo Corporation will take responsibility for all associated costs including: the plant itself, installation and any transportation costs. In return the Pilot Customer agrees upon
- Scheduled Installation time by late fall 2013.
- Hydro Fusion and Leonardo Corporation to use the Pilot Plant as a Showcase where external customers can be introduced to an ECAT 1 MW in operation.
Hydro Fusion is open to any type of heat application given the restriction of a maximum 120 C temperature. The ECAT’s energy specifications are:
- Heat energy is produced according to specs.
- Heat energy 1 MW thermal at up to 120 C
- Heat exchanger from ECAT system to customer heat application.
- Electricity is consumed according to specs.
- 250 kWe maximum power consumption
- 166 kWe average power consumption, i.e. COP=6
Hydro Fusion would like to receive quotations from Pilot Customers on both thermal MWh price and electric MWh price, based on an assumption of 7,000+ operating hours per year. Please specify clearly if your quotes depend on the outdoor temperature.
Pilot Customers, with an interest in this game changing technology, are kindly asked to contact us at email@example.com. Please write “Pilot Customer” in the subject of the email.
For more info see, ECAT 1 MW Plant.
[With thanks to Harry Veeder on Vortex]