That Was eCatNews

November 26, 2012

WordPress is trying to tell us something. Its increasing reluctance to post comments breaching the thousand-mark is preparing us for the inevitable.

My interest in the eCat and its progeny lay in its promise for the future. Now that I doubt Rossi’s claims to the point of near certainty, the subject does not deserve the work involved in keeping this blog alive. At one point in sight of a million visits a month, it is easy to see how money can be made from the dreams and wishes of good people. I now fear that underlying the smiles of a few key players, a dark heart beats and I refuse to follow popularity at the expense of truth. A key driver in my decision to start eCatNews lies at the feet of hard sceptics. Something did not fit. Surely if their conviction was genuine, they would not waste their lives working on a propaganda campaign trying to convince us all that Rossi was a fraud. It did not make sense. Rather than convince me of their point, their hard work and dedication looked suspicious. I wanted to shine a light into the darkest corners in the hope that we’d find something wondrous. That was not to be. I may be puzzled by such a negative pursuit but no longer conclude anything from it. Now, with scant hope of Rossi delivering on his promises, I find myself wondering why I would waste any more time on him. If he is committing fraud, he should be pursued by the police. Interest in the man or the subject is now relegated to the level of curiosity, not dedication.

Many people have asked me to switch my focus to the wider subject of LENR. Forced to share an arena with sharks and shysters, real scientists in this field are assaulted from all directions. Ordinary people, investors and politicians struggle to know who to believe or fall to the trap of believing anything that conforms to the world as they think it truly is. For what it’s worth, I think there is a place for a site independent of any particular faction and run on the basis of constructive scepticism. This is how science works. The core mission of such a site would be to lend credibility where it is due and highlight genuine and well-meaning criticism that might shape future experiments. Constructive criticism should not be confused with negativity. It is far harder to question a particular result in a helpful way than to echo whatever we are told. With that in mind, I have given serious thought to shifting my focus to www.lenr-news.com. However, by letting the conversation run without interference here, I can see that such an approach would not work. To be constructive and make a difference, I would have to police comments and take an assertive investigative stance. In other words, to make it work, the enterprise would become a major focus in my life and need funds. I am reluctant to do such a thing without help and have to balance that effort with other priorities.

While I have a keen interest in science and technology and truly believe that we will discover a way to tap clean and plentiful energy from the universe, I am also interested in the culture of trust and collaboration. The example of the MFMP is a shining beacon in the field of cold fusion and plaudits must go to Celani and others who are similarly open with their results. We see the power of such openness throughout the Net in the various open-source communities and in the actions of millions of carers around the world. Taking what I have learned here and through the Honesty Project, I want to explore ways of magnifying the efforts of millions of people working together in the spirit of enlightened self-interest – not just in a scientific endeavour but in an economic fight against austerity. The potential of such selfish collaboration is as powerful as any physical force we might seek to tap. This is not the forum to discuss that project but if anyone is interested in joining the discussion, email me at myfirstname at ecatnews.com.

For the above reasons and others, I will happily set up www.lenr-news.com if a small group steps forward to run it. Failing that, this is likely my last post open to comments. Unless events make a u-turn necessary, WordPress will decide when this ends. In that case, and in time, I will post a final word which will stand as a warning to anyone researching the term “eCat News”. Thank you for giving me your time. No matter what happens, I will continue to monitor the space. If anything changes or something happens that I feel you should know about, I will post it to the newsletter.

Posted by on November 26, 2012. Filed under Press/Blogs,Rossi. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

2,584 Responses to That Was eCatNews

1. Frank Reply

February 5, 2013 at 7:20 pm

And here another slip of Rossi’s time-schedule:

February 5th, 2013 at 3:09 AM
    Dear Michele Dalessandro:
    To make short a long story:
    1- indipendent third party tests are in course, the publication will be probably made within February/March, indipendently from the results, on a scientific magazine after peer reviewing
    2- we are manufacturing industrial plants, whose delivery is foreseen starting from March/April , together with our USA Partner
    3- we are focusing on Hot Cats ( E-Cats at high temperature) fueled by electric power or gas

Wasn’t a 1MW plant (open to “public” / selected visitors) promised for February?

Btw: Is the hot-cat fueled by electric power or gas a Freudian slip?
    I remeber the earlier claims that the hot-cat is fueled by Nickel and Hydrogen ;-)

2. Thicket Reply

February 6, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Not that anyone cares anymore, but the Defkalion website is open again.

There is no forum, surprise, surprise. Defkalion are soliciting interested parties (who have money). More surprise :)

Defkalion are located in the same Vancouver building as Coastal Views/Smart Point Research (Market Research), MD Analytics (Medical Market Research) and OnRes Systems (Vendor for an on-line travel reservation system).

3. Harry Perini Reply

February 6, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Defkalion is back in business:

• John Milstone Reply

February 6, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Defkalion is back in business:

It’s worth noting that it’s been exactly one year since DGE promised to allow “7 well-known organizations” to do independent testing and freely publish their results.

Of course, there is still not a shred of evidence that any “well-known organization” ever tested the device. After a year of waiting, it’s safe to say that this was a lie.

Of course, all we have now is more totally unsubstantiated claims on a web site.

Why would anyone believe anything they say now when they have amply demonstrated that they lie?

4. Harry Perini Reply

February 10, 2013 at 3:33 pm

1- we are working very strong to manufacture our plants. In our factories the work has never been so intense as it is in this period. Therefore the E-Cats, that soon will hit the market, will not fade, be sure. If there is around somebody saying the contrary, let them talk, while we work.
    2- the report of the indipendent third party will be published, as I always said. Whatever the result
    3- the efficiency and the convenience of the E-Cats is very simple to measure: the Customer looks how much energy consumes and how much energy produces: it is not difficult.

Warm regards

Andrea

• John Milstone Reply

February 10, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Yet more “Rossi Says” without a shred of evidence that any of it is true.

Rossi has been caught in a number of lies before (UniBo testing, NI building a controller, etc.), and has failed every time an independent group tried to test it (NASA, Swedish Standards Group).

Why in the world would anyone still believe him?

5. ts Reply

February 10, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Well, go to sitelogic com , and you will see that both the remaining believer’s blog and Rossi’s jonp are both on life support as far as viewership numbers. It might be that viewership on those two is down to people who really believe or people who just want to be entertained by what fantastic claims are made next.

6. Al Potenza Reply

February 10, 2013 at 8:29 pm

test3

7. dsm Reply

February 11, 2013 at 9:36 pm

moved

8. JNewman Reply

February 20, 2013 at 12:02 am

Looks like Quax’s site is gone too. Nothing left but the loony bin.

9. Quax Reply

February 20, 2013 at 2:31 am

New location for the ECN back-up site.

Doug brought to my attention that he was no longer able to access hotandcoldfusion.wordpress.com.

This shouldn’t happen as I paid wordpress.com to forward to the new location.

If somebody else experiences the same problem, please let me know at quaxquax _@_ zoho.com (remove uderscores and spaces, just inserted them to prevent email harvesting).

10. kapytanhook Reply

March 7, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Wow this comment section has really died down. But I know many of you will still be checking this.

Does anyone of you know if that quantumheat.org project is legitimate? I used to REALLY like what they are doing, they seem to even be making massive jumps on cold fusion progress.

Then all of a sudden i got hit with some worry.
    - They never really seem to give out the 100% buildup of the celaniwire so in the end it is still a bit of a black box
    - They have asked for donations

Now this could just be paranoia after all this Rossi scamming and lies,I would really like the input of you guys :)
    Keep up the good work.

11. dsm Reply

March 7, 2013 at 8:22 pm

12. Al Potenza Reply

March 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Try also:

Many of the usual suspects from here are there. See for example:

13. NJT Reply

March 25, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Rossi Reports Tests Concluded, Results Positive
    This from Andrea Rossi on the Journal of Nuclear Physics.

DEAR GEORGEHANTS:
    YOUR COMMENT IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE OPENS THE GATE FOR THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
    THE TESTS OF THE THIRD INDIPENDENT PARTY HAVE BEEN COMPLETED YESTERDAY.
    I DID NOT ATTEND, THEREFORE I DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY THE RESULTS, THAT WILL SURELY BE PUBLISHED BY THE EXAMINATORS, PROBABLY AROUND THE HALF OF APRIL. I MET THE 11 PROFESSORS AND EXPERTS THAT MADE THE TESTS AND THEY WERE VERY POSITIVE. ONE OF THEM TOLD ME ” WE GOT EVIDENCE THAT THE ‘ EFFECT’ IS REAL BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT”. I COULD NOT GET MORE INFORMATION, BECAUSE THEY NOW HAVE TO ELABORATE THE DATA TO PREPARE THE PUBLICATION. ALL THE PROFESSORS SAID THE TEST IS GONE WELL, VERY WELL. THE LAST TEST ENDED AFTER 120 HOURS OF UNINTERRUPTED OPERATION OF THE REACTORS ( THE NEW GENERATION OF HOT CATS IS MADE BY A TWO STAGE SYSTEM, MADE WITH AN ACTIVATOR WITH RESISTANCES COUPLED WITH A KIND OF CHARGE, WHICH ACTIVATES THE E-CAT WITH A DIFFERENT CHARGE). THE EFFECT IS STUNNING, WE SAW IN OUR PRIVATE TESTS, AND HAS BEEN REPLICATED BY THE THIRD INDIPENDENT PARTY.
    NOW WE PASS TO THE INDUSTRIAL ENGAGEMENTS: WE HAVE TO DELIVER OUR PLANTS BY THE END OF APRIL.
    WARM REGARDS,
    ANDREA ROSSI

14. richard Reply

March 26, 2013 at 5:01 am

Check out ecat world public tests are complete and will be published soon e cat is real!

• Thicket Reply

March 27, 2013 at 10:58 am

The only ‘evidence’ that there have been third party tests is ‘Rossi says’. He’s a pathological liar and fraud.

What happened to all the past ‘Rossi says’ statements that braindead true believers crowed about? I’ll tell you. Nothing happened.

You’re better off at the eCat World circle jerk along with the rest of the woo-woo nutters.

• Frank Reply

March 27, 2013 at 10:55 pm

My prediction what’s going to change when the so called “third party report” comes out: Nothing will happen – the report will be just a similar farce as we have seen from Rossi before.
      Have you already forgotten how big the 1 MW plant public demonstration was announced two years ago, how it will transform the world – and what actually happened: Nothing!
      (Btw: where now is the “secret colonel”, the one who signed off the test for “the customer” and who was later outed to be an “old buddy” of Rossi?)

15. bkparque Reply

October 15, 2014 at 9:01 am

its more than likely a manipulation of nickel metal hydride. If you watch hydrogen hopes youll see that stan oshinsky probally owns the original patent and this guy is scamming people