Following Andrea Rossi’s refusal of Dick Smith’s $1m test offer, the Australian Businessman and skeptic has now extended that offer to Defkalion. While a cursory check has been made on his identity, care should be taken until it is confirmed by his office. The offer was made in answer to a question in the eCatNews comments section:
No X price but of course I would be happy to make a similar $1 million offer to Defkalion
It of course will be a waste of time as they are both clearly similar scams.
Already Defkalion have announced that there will be delays in their 7. “inderpendent ” tests because the process ” of determining testing dates”. Will be “more time consuming than we thought”.
Ha ha. I could have predicted this delay while more investment capital is raised from the gullible.
The independent tests will never happen.
If they want to repeat the demo they gave Sterling Allan with a few simple protocols and they get a COP of at least 3 they can have the money.
If they do agree they will then delay delay delay . I have seen it all before.
While Rossi’s refusal can be justified (in my opinion) by his claimed plan to mass manufacture the eCat, it will be a little harder to understand Defkalion doing the same. According to the company, it is conducting tests after inviting any credible body to visit and prove the Hyperion for themselves. They further state that the tester will then be free to publish their results.
This means that they have made the strategic decision to prove themselves. Here is a perfect opportunity to do just that. Recently, I have been impressed by DGT’s apparent professionalism, all the time aware that they have shown nothing of substance and certainly a lot less than Andrea Rossi.
If they refuse or obfuscate, I would have to finally agree with others and wonder why.
We need to see the offer in official form and then the future of Defkalion lies in what they do next. I hope they grab the opportunity with both hands.
Defkalion GT provisionally accepted Dick Smith’s offer. Rightly, they require a formal approach and confirmation of identity. The acceptance is also related to the structure of the tests they are currently setting up. It should be simple for the Australian Skeptics to prove their case with full control and a long enough run using this protocol so, if Dick’s offer is genuine, I think he has a real opportunity to break the jam on behalf of the rest of the world.
So far we have not officially received (through a telephone, letter, fax or e-mail) any such offer published in different sites. If the offer and the “donor” are real, we will accept the challenge, performing a test under the protocol we have announced in our last Press Release (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=926&start=210).
In case this is a real proposal, we will accept an official letter and a proof of donated funds from a prime bank before any such testing.
Also note that our first independent official tests are starting on 24th of February 2012.
[With thanks to Pachu and Ivan Mohorovicic]<< Previous Post -- -- Next post >>