Wow! Updated

February 14, 2012

Update at end of post.

The eCat wires are buzzing with Dick Smith’s offer of $1,000,000 (US) for a simple repeat of the March Kullander & Essen test.

Made through Steven Krivit, the offer is brilliant in its simplicity. The shrewd announcement is counter to the  last attempt to blacken Rossi’s name. In particular, a theory involving miswiring as a cover (or error) for hidden input power became (in the headline) the reason for the apparent success of the test. I wondered then if Dick Smith really believed that ‘fact’ or if there was something else going on. With this move, I am more inclined to think his skepticism is genuine and not contrived.

Even so, in this fascinating game of chess, nothing can be taken as read. In sending the offer through Krivit, Smith is multiplying the chance of Rossi refusing by a margin and this makes you wonder at the choice. It would be an extraordinary move for AR to accept a chalice from the man he constantly refers to as The Snake. Indeed, even if the route of the offer is ignored, it is not obvious that Rossi should accept.

If the Italian inventor is as well-funded as he now professes to be and if the eCat is genuine, then there is every chance that he is gearing up for mass manufacturing. Given the costs involved in such a venture, a million dollars would seem small change and it is reasonable to assume that his partner would insist in maintaining a steady course.

There is one chink in that logic however, and that lies in the upcoming Defkalion tests. [All of this supposes that DGT and AR are on the level]. If DGT is about to hit the red button, the decision and first-mover advantage is taken from his hands. By accepting the offer, a genuine Rossi would be robbing Defkalion of their thunder and that would surely be tempting.

I do hope he accepts but the logic of acceptance is not as clear as a first look might imply.

Kudos to Dick Smith

[snip]…

My offer is very simple, which I will restate: I ask you to repeat the March 29, 2011 demonstration purported to show that your E-CAT unit had an output power of many times the input power through LENR (low energy nuclear reactions).

As the sole judges as to whether this can be repeated correctly, I suggest we use the two Swedish scientists, Kullander and Essen, as they attended the March 2011 demonstration and wrote a report. I would be happy to cover any reasonable cost of having them flying to Italy to attend the repeat of the demonstration. They can then check the wires (because, as you know, there have been claims that the wiring may have been misconnected) and also the power output of the unit in relation to both the heated water and the steam.

I would be happy, with Kullander and Essen as the sole judges as to whether the unit has the power output you have claimed, to hand you an irrevocable Bank cheque for USD1,000,000 made out in your name if the demonstration is successfully completed. If Kullander and Essen are not available, I am happy to agree with you on two other individuals of similar expertise to attend the new demonstration as the judges. I am sure we can come to an agreement as to who would be suitable and independent. It would also be necessary to have a third person – who you and I can agree on – to assist with the type of measuring equipment and its accuracy so there are no doubts that the scientific community will accept the results.

I understand the 29 March 2011 demonstration took place over a period of more than six hours and showed a power multiplication of approximately ten times. To make the demonstration test even fairer, I would be happy if the demonstration to qualify for the assignment of the USD1,000,000 were reduced to a five-hour period and with a power multiplication ratio of at least eight times. This will make it very much easier for you to qualify for the USD1,000,000, As far as I am concerned, eight times’ power multiplication through LENRs will solve the world’s power problems for the future

Well, there it is. It’s quite simple. Successfully replicate the demonstration showing the power gain from LENRs of March 29, 2011 with the two Swedish scientists, Kullander and Essen (or two other individuals we agree on), and USD1,000,000 will be yours.

[snip]

My offer is open for you to accept until close of business Monday 20 February 2012. I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Dick Smith

The rest of the email is worth reading and can be found on SK’s site here.

[With thanks to Chemical Engineer on Vortex]

Update:

I am not surprised to read that AR has declined. Although dissapointed, I do not really blame him. If he really has a strong backer, this is small beer. Unfortunately this brings us no closer to knowing.

February 14th, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Dear Archibald Fields:
This is a Clownerie. If this guy wants to test a 1 MW plant and has 1 million to spend he can buy a 1 MW plant, with a regular contract, that gives him all the necessary guarantees and to us the logic financial guarantees. Our plants Are tested by Our Customers and the Consultants they choose. I have not time at all for this clownery. Besides: when Our E-CATS will be in the market, this “millionaire” will have the chance to buy for few hundred dollars an E-Cat and test it as he wants, so why waste money? I do not need his money.

Posted by on February 14, 2012. Filed under Drama,Krivit,Media & Blogs,Rossi,Tests & Demos. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

211 Responses to Wow! Updated

1. Dick Smith Reply

February 16, 2012 at 1:19 am

Shane. Sorry I did not realize Krivit had set up a sham company to take money from gullible investors in a similar way to Firepower International and Rozzi

I will take your advice and have nothing to do with such an obvious scammer!

It’s amazing he has got away with this for so long. He must have made millions.

Is it true his corporate jet is a $56m. Gulfstream?

• Shane D. Reply

February 16, 2012 at 2:25 am

Dick,

Point is that we don’t know what Krivits is up to. He has a biased history himself of misrepresenting LENR while favoring those of his own beliefs, along with those that support his belief. Check out some of the stuff Tony has linked.

Those of different opinions than Krivits… he is pathological against. Weird, but hey I’m just a pilot, not a psych.

And to be honest, Rossi deserves this degree of scepticism, but others that are above reproach have been in Krivits crosshairs and have suffered the same backlash for no reason other than they don’t meet to his satsifaction.

Rossi may be a brilliant con-artist. Go after him. More power to you. We want to know the truth also. But also research Krivit.

Do so and then come back here and give us an honest assessment.

Thanks for everything you do. I’m fairly new to this “alternative energy field” and seek the truth like you.

Now, Dick, find the real truth. You have tools I surely don’t have and I wish for your success. I pray you are wrong, but more than anything, I want the truth. Most here do also.

Take care.

• Tony Reply

February 16, 2012 at 7:03 am

Indeed, you obviously know nothing about the spat between Krivit and Rossi and the theory love affair between Krivit and Larsen.

You should join the Vortex list and ask Steven V Johnson about him:

Here’s a post from earlier:

I’ve made it a point to clearly state that, in my opinion, Mr. Krivit has established himself to be an ADVOCATE for the Widom Larsen camp. I bring this up because Mr. Krivit at one time personally told me that he didn’t want to be perceived as an ADVOCATE. An ADVOCATE, however, promotes a particular theory or cause while simultaneously undermining opposing causes and theories. In my view, Mr. Krivit continues to show a propensity to give the Widom-Larsen camp free reign to say whatever they want to say at NET.
        Meanwhile, Mr. Krivit also shows a propensity to attack the credibility of those who may be perceived as competition, or simply beg to differ with the position of the W-L camp. This suggests to me that Mr. Krivit doesn’t really understand what his actual intentions are.

You should ask for full disclosure from Krivit, to find out what his relationship is with Larsen of Lattice Energy.

2. ian Bryce Reply

February 16, 2012 at 10:12 am

AB wrote “The tests have varied quite a bit, so that if the e-cat is fake the method used to fake it must have been changed several times also…“

As part of due diligence I compiled a list of all ECAT tests with publicized results. They are linked from the Press Release at http://www.skeptics.com.au .
    (Old 30 Jan version will be replaced by 16 Feb version shortly. Becomes more detailed as observers contact me.)

This also describes the mystery “frequency producer” which no one mentions.

The document lists 3 hypotheses; earth wire (first 7 tests), temperature probe placement (7 Sept), and thermocouple placement (6 Oct). In every test, at least one hypothesis is available which fits the facts, and can explain the excess power without LENR.

Rossi your goose is cooked.

• LCD Reply

February 19, 2012 at 5:55 am

How do you explain the radiation that Celani measured?