Andrea Rossi May Sell eCat Shares

November 2, 2011

Andrea Rossi has always indicated that he would only use his own money until he was selling eCat products on the open market. It should be no surprise then that the possibility of opening up investment opportunities to the public looms now that the 1MW plant has shipped. Of course, without knowledge of the customer’s identity or verifiable scientific proof, any such venture at this time would be high risk. If you assume for now that the eCat is real, AR has money coming in the door (probably around 2m Euro a pop) and so some of the immediate financial pressure is relieved. Even so, the scale of his task is enormous. This would just be the start and we are told that it will be three months before the next delivery. Therefore, it is unlikely that he will be flush with cash for some time at least. It makes sense then, to consider raising money through the issue of public shares.

A serious businessman with a real product would not attempt to do so in the midst of uncertainty regarding the product. Doubt and suspicion will lower the value of such shares. For that reason, I would only expect such a move after the clouds obscuring the eCat have been lifted. As Dr Rossi hints on his blog, we may be seeing the seeds of exactly that.

Simon Basovich

November 1st, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Dear Mr. Andrea Rossi,

Congratulations on your outstanding success!
Please, inform me how I could buy the shares of your company.
I have many inventions, mostly related to biomedicine, and I have ideas how to increase mental capability, how to primary prevent mental diseases, how to get people healthy from the beginning of the life and some others. A lot of money is needed for realization, and in an attempt to promote it (partly, of course), I hope to buy the shares of your company.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Simon Basovich,

Australia

November 2nd, 2011 at 4:45 AM

Dear Simon Basovich:
OK,

November 2nd, 2011 at 4:35 AM

Dear Francesco D.M.:
We are just producing heat, so far.

I postulated in an earlier post that there were now so many people involved in AR’s project across too many organisations, that it would become increasingly difficult to keep secrets such as: Who is the customer? It seems that Dr Rossi agrees.

November 2nd, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Dear Neil Ferguson:
The names of Customers unavoidably will pop up, before or later.
I agree with you.

October 31st, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Dear Luca Salvarani:
1- yes
2- more
3- I want not our Customers assailed by the puppetts moved by their puppetteers. Let the plant go to work, then they will reveal themselves automatically. Probably you did not understand that there is a war against us.
A.R

Finally, we have AR reiterate his hope/plan for the coming years.

November 2nd, 2011 at 5:55 AM

Dear Paul Calvo:
The price can drop to 500 $/kW if we will have to produce millions of pieces.

November 1st, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Dear Paolo:
To be ready to sell household E-Cats we need from 1 to 2 years.

We are not looking at a hit-and-run con-job but a long-term strategy that is cohesive and well thought out. To achieve the scale needed to produce millions of pieces will require money and confidence in the product. Right now, he is building that confidence even as the eCat starts to earn its keep. He knows that eventually we will learn who the customers are and it seems obvious to me that such knowledge would dispel many fears. All of this is being played out in a sea of commercial warfare, even if the battle is obscured for now.

Robert Mockan

October 31st, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Dear Mr. Rossi,

You have commented there “is a war” against you (your organization? your efforts to market the E-Cat?). Do you expect the successful sale of the megawatt demo module to
stop the war, or is it going to get bigger?

October 31st, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Dear Robert Mockan:
Bigger.

Thus, it makes sense to retain a certain mystique, making it difficult for competitors to gauge the truth or guess the technological details behind the eCat’s apparent success. To attract the money required, he has to own and protect the intellectual property:

November 1st, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Dear lenr4you:
Nobody would invest anything in a non proprietary technology.

And yet, to sell the product and shares widely he has to take the risk of building confidence, of attracting an army of opponents alongside allies. It is a tough path to walk. Those who say he should have simply proven beyond doubt a year ago that the eCat was genuine do not consider that without handing it over to third parties for many months (with all the risks that entails) during which time he is in limbo, there is no test he could have done that would have satisfied the attackers. Indeed, I am certain that even that would have achieved little apart from arming his competitors. Instead, he is now bringing in money as interest is growing. He has kept ahead of everyone else by being shrewd as well as clever.

That said, he also knows that he cannot keep such a delicate balance going forever. A conman would want to sell you shares now while you are confused, an entrepreneur knows he will get more on delivering proof. To me, this all adds up. When we will know the truth is anyone’s guess.

I’m frightened to say it but I’ll guess anyway. Soon.

Posted by on November 2, 2011. Filed under Business,Media & Blogs,Rossi. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

62 Responses to Andrea Rossi May Sell eCat Shares

1. Roger Hill Reply

November 2, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Of course Rossi could have run a test that would have convinced many more people.

Set up two identical systems consisting of generator, e-cat + 1000 litre tank of water.

Get your observer to charge one of the e-cats with H2 (and not the other). Don’t let him tell you.

Run generator + ecat for half a day. Measure the temperature of the water. Measure how much fuel is consumed. Compare the two.

It’s not even rocket science – more schoolboy science.

• Huey Reply

November 3, 2011 at 1:39 pm

But who would believe that the observer isn’t in on the trick. You think it’s easy to change someones mind and they’re view of how the world works, but it’s nearly impossible. If Rossi is serious about being successful then quashing the concerns of doubters is wasted energy and resources. This isn’t science, this is business.

2. Thicket Reply

November 2, 2011 at 3:37 pm

If Rossi goes ahead with selling shares, it seems that another believer argument is shot down. So much for Rossi using only his own money and not asking money from others. Rossi is smart enough to set up a public share issuing company in a country with few regulatory controls safeguarding shareholder rights. Cyprus is a good choice.

The sad thing is that many folks will gladly part with money to fund such a hare-brained scheme.

If the possibility of Rossi selling shares in Ecat doesn’t shake the confidence of believers, it should.

• Tim99 Reply

November 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Such negativity in the face of so much proof from so many scientists that the E-Cat works. We will expect an apology when the Lamestream Media finally reports on this world changing discovery.

• Pekka Janhunen Reply

November 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm

So Rossi selling shares got someone shelling hares …

• Tom Baccei Reply

November 2, 2011 at 3:56 pm

What twisted reasoning. You are so fanatically convinced that Mr. Rossi is a con artist that you see absolutely common sense business practice in a diabolical light. Time goes by, Thicket, and with it conditions change. You claim there is no evidence to support the reality of the ecat. I say you have no evidence for the claim that Rossi is a crook. I can just see it now, Mr. Rossi, his wife etc., the Focardi’s and the many technicians obviously needed to assemble the 1 Meg device, all run away to some third world country with the many millions gathered from stupid investors. There they live splendid and fulfilling lives, thumbing their noses at the rest of us in their extradition proof hideaway.
      Listen to yourself, Thicket. With the visibility this has had to date, where can he go? Maybe get Plastic Surgery? This all might still not pan out, but I will publicly eat my hat if Mr. ROssi scoops a bunch of cash and heads for Brazil (Uruguay, Zimbabwe, North Korea, Mississippi, Alabama, ……)

• Thicket Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Tom

What fanciful make-believe world do you live in? Sean McCarthy is still in Ireland, Randall Mills is still in New Jersey, Dick Weir is still in Texas. Andrea Rossi will likely still be in Italy if that’s where he wants to be.

You compensate for your lack in logic with wild excursions into the Twilight Zone.

• Tom Baccei Reply

November 2, 2011 at 6:44 pm

****Probably we will sell shares to allow everybody to participate to this enterprise. But before this we have to consolidate our manufacturing and commercial system.****
          Now, this does not look like an imminent raid on my retirement funds. Mr. Rossi seems to be saying that he needs to create a consolidated company which would handle sales, marketing and manufacturing of the ecat. First any such reorganization will take time, and clearly, by then, many things will be clearer. (If not, you do not invest!) But, more importantly, I do not know Italian business law, but this sounds like “going public”, you know, an IPO. Well, if Italy is anything like the US, a great deal of due diligence is required to “sell shares”. Fraud, in the case of publicly offering shares is most certainly a crime, and in the case of the 1 megawatt plant, it is hard to see how he could be getting that output by some accident, or measuring error. That is to say, it is either the real deal, or an intentional hoax. I’ll admit to not knowing the details of Sean McCarthy and Dick Weir but Randall Mills and ” Black Light Power” is still in business, and promising results, so, unless, you know something I do not, he has never been shown to be a crook.

So, I’m going to poke around and see what the facts are regarding McCarthy and Weir.

I would like to ask you this. Why so negative on Rossi, if not on all of LENR research? I t sounds a lot like Mr. Krivit’s position. Am I right? And also, what LENR research have you done? Those comments about you experiences with Hydrogen saturated nickel lead me to think that you may have been working in the area.

And I do get a bit over the top regarding what I see to be an unfair and unfounded attack on LENR in general, and Mr. Rossi in particular. I would like to understand your position better, and that is why I am asking.
          Tom B.

• Tony

November 2, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Tom,

The fact that your retirement fund doesn’t seem threatened yet just goes to how smooth this con is running. The con works best when the mark thinks they are making all of the decisions.

Let me ask this – you believe, deeply believe, that this is all real and aboveboard, right? If Rossi offers shares in Leonardo Corp tomorrow, I’d think you’d convert everything you have into Leonardo stock. Would you,knowing just what you know now? If you wouldn’t, then you’re a skeptic like a whole lot of other people and you still need to see/hear/feel the confirmation of the thing which is just not there. In that case, give us skeptics a bit of respect.

And, if you would, you’re just the kind of mark that AR is looking for.

People think that Rossi will collect a duffel bag full of money and head for Argentina where he’ll live a long life laughing at everybody. It won’t work that way. He’ll be able to run this scam for years until finally, he’ll admit that he lost “the battle” and that the technology, while real, will never be allowed to see the light of day. Simple really. He’s very, very good at this it seems to me. The Madoffs ran this scheme for decades.

Hearing about the possibility of shares being offerered pretty much does it for me. This is the last link in the chain. Coupled with the childish “report”‘ of the last test, the circle closes on this one. Just like Genesis World Energy.

Tony2

• Tom Baccei

November 3, 2011 at 10:23 am

Tony, you do not seem to know anything about how “selling shares” works. Leonardo corp. CANNOT sell shares tomorrow, or for quite a long time. Going public is a big deal, and takes time, money and disclosure. You can stop trembling in fear that Mr. Rossi is on the doorstep of ill found gain. Because he said he might sell shares at some ill defined future moment is not proof that he is a con artist! As to the question of my either buying shares or being a skeptic. My Goodness! Talk about the “missing middle!” My skepticism about the actual functioning of the device remains the same as always. I have no way of knowing on a technical level. However, on the level of the contour of the whole story, I find it to be more and more believable. And would I risk a small percentage of my fortune on Rossi’s Folly? Yes, I think I would. What fun! Too bad that you and Thicket can’t short his stock right now. I suggest that you do that when the IPO comes out. Put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is! Maybe you’d make the fortune then!

• daniel maris Reply

November 5, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Tom –

A lot sense in that. And you might add…where in the world would you least expect Rossi to set up his fraud if he were a scammer? I would say Italy and the USA. Italy, because he was subject to legal persecution there before (probably motivated by the Mafia who control much of the waste management industry in Italy and were out to destroy his innovative approach). The USA, because there the penalties for commercial fraud can be very severe if the authorities take against you.

• Renzo Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm

You don’t get that the selling of shares, if any, will not happen soon. If it will take place after the university of Bologna has received an e-cat or after we get know a big customer and his opinion (both things should not take long, the present contract with Unibo is valid until january and next delivery of 1MW should be in january too) then I would be happy to invest

• pierdonia Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Thicket, you may have missed the first sentence: “Andrea Rossi has always indicated that he would only use his own money until he was selling eCat products on the open market”.

• Ransompw Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Thicket:

The selling of shares all depends on what happens between now and when they go on sale. If it is the same ol same ol then I agree. If he proves his product by then, well even you might buy some shares.

I wonder if this is a reaction to the report Piantelli will be selling shares for his company.

Honestly, this is the craziest thing I have ever seen. The one thing that seems to be lost in the whole discussion is the potential viability of LENR. I really sense that evidence for the reality of the process may be building with Miley and Los Alamos reports, not to mention Brilluion, Ahern, Piantelli and Rossi. I am not sure a viable product exists but there does seem to be growing evidence for the reality of the reaction which means that a product is probably a matter of time.

I think you may turn out to be wrong this time (at least about LENR), my jury is still out on Rossi.

• AB Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Independent testing is going to slam the pseudoskeptics hard. I can’t wait for it.

• daniel maris Reply

November 2, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I think if Rossi started selling shares at this stage, yes that would tilt the scales back to scepticism. But the Fox News article is tipping them the other way. It really does look like there is US Navy involvement in this. Rossi has given a specific name of a person in an outside body with whom he says he has a contractual relationship. That person had not denied that is the case. For me, given we are in the area of defence, I think that is confirmation enough really. Would a scammer have risked giving a false lead like that, if it could be denied?

3. Tim99 Reply

November 2, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I’ve been following Mr. Rossi since January when he did his first public test. I think he is a very shrewd man to approach the marketing of his device the way he has. Like he said, ” the is a war against us,” which was to be expected. The people in the U.S. have the most to gain from the E-Cat yet our government is corrupt (owned by big oil,gas,coal,nuclear companies. We have got to spread the word about Rossi and let our government know we will help Rossi win the war. Best Wishes to A.R.

4. kirk Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Skeptics are either Atheists or bipolar
    How can you believe in the supernatural/superior being/beings on the on hand and be “rational” on the other? Flip Flop Flip Flop
    Just think of the E-cat as a gift from God (or the gods) such as Hey Mr. Rossi try this catalyst

5. georgehants Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:34 pm

November 2nd, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    Dear Charlie Zimmerman:
    1- just reduced
    2- not eliminated
    3- no
    4- no
    5- yes
    6- yes
    7- I cannot answer to this question, until I will disclose the theory of the effect we get.
    Charlie Zimmerman
    November 2nd, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    Dear Mr. Rossi,
    Congratulations on the demonstration and sale of the 1MW plant. I am sure many great things are to come for you and the world. I am also super excited to hear more about the theory that you have developed regarding this process. I think you mentioned that you would be revealing this after the 1MW demonstration.

I has a few isotopic questions.
    1) You said that NI58 is depleted. Does this mean that it is eliminated or just that the ratio is reduced?
    2) If NI58 is eliminated, why is it eliminated? Does it react and you are eliminating it to avoid long half life byproducts (NI59 decayed from CU59)?
    3) Is (2) inconsistent with your statements that only NI62 and NI64 react?
    4) Significant enrichment of the Nickel for NI62 and NI64 is necessary to produce 30% transmuted copper. Do you agree?
    5) I have argued that you are not claiming cheap isotopic enrichment but rather that you are saying that the isotopic enrichment is not expensive relative to the overall costs of the production of the powder. Is this correct?
    6) Is Leonardo Corp doing the enrichment?
    7) Finally, Prof. Focardi in a recent interview talked about all nickel reacting and a series of decays which seems inconsistent with your statements of only NI62 and NI64 reacting to produce stable copper. Are you guys in agreement about the process?
    Thanks,
    Charlie Zimmerman

6. georgehants Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:35 pm

7. Blanco69 Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I agree with thicket on this. If Rossi’s lined up heaps of eager customers to buy ecats why would he look for investment from individual investors? There’s no way I’d part with any cash until working ecats were in the pulblic domain, although I know that many will.

There’s no doubt that this issue has pegged back my enthusiasm slightly.

Two weeks ago I was more than prepared to invest in all sorts of ecat spin offs including steam turbines and nickel mining. Now I’m not so sure.

8. Thicket Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Ransom

It’s about half a dozen times that folks here have attributed LENR opinions to me. I have no idea where that comes from. It seems like an automatic ‘he thinks Ecat technology is bogus, he’s a skeptic’ extrapolated to ‘he thinks LENR is bogus’.

*Sigh*. I’ll say it again. I have no strong opinions about LENR. I’ve said that LENR may not succeed but it’s worth researching. I currently don’t follow any LENR research. I’ve absorbed a bit of information on Piantelli from this forum but have never stated an opinion. I vividly recall Pons and Fleischman because I was very optimistic and excited about cold fusion at the time.

I don’t see how I could be wrong about LENR when I haven’t any concrete opinions about it.

I definitely have very strong opinions about Rossi and Ecat.

Btw, I prefer the more reasonable, constructive Ransom to the Ransom from a couple of months ago.

• Ransompw Reply

November 2, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Well Thicket, sorry, but Popeye, Maryyugo and you kind of all look alike, sometimes I have a hard time telling you apart. :) I am kidding.

However, if legitimate scientists like Miley (he is from the University of Illinois near me and I have friends in the department) are getting results with NiH which appear pretty credible what makes it so impossible for Rossi to coax a little more energy out of the process for a marginal product. I agree Rossi is odd and I can’t imagine why he proceeds as he does, but it is certainly possible to act that way and still have the goods.

If I were you and really felt so strongly about Rossi I would look at Miley’s latest work. You may not be so sure of your granite opinions.

By the way, I really am the same person, maybe you said something to anger me.

• John Dlouhy Reply

November 2, 2011 at 5:24 pm

You see Thicket, the problem is that any good story must have an antagonist. Now with maryyugo banned and popeye understandably not posting here anymore, I’m afraid that just leaves you, who has been mentioned together with the other two so often that the “little minds” don’t even know the differences between your respective opinions. They don’t read posts, they don’t evaluate arguments, they don’t offer evidence or sound thinking, just viscerally motivated ejaculations of discontent directed towards our one last solitary pseudo-skeptic. Linking arms and singing Kumbaya with other “believers” isn’t nearly as much fun as they thought it would be. They long for the interesting days of full on conflict which kept them better occupied while they waited to see if Rossi was EVER going to show us anything for real. And now more than ever they need that deterrent because, unfortunately, even after Rossi’s many promises, WE ARE STILL WAITING, AND WAITING, AND WAITING….

• Peter Roe Reply

November 2, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Actually, John, I think you are stepping into the shoes of our missing pseudos rather well, right down to the disparagement, stereotyping and childish caricatures. You are beginning to get a little repetitive, too…

• John Dlouhy Reply

November 3, 2011 at 12:28 am

Half a dozen people each day write something like I just wrote, only about the “skeptics” and lately mainly Thicket. I do it ONCE in 3 months and receive a reprimand, telling me I’m being disparaging, and then a couple of insults for good measure. You can’t see the unfair bias in that?

• Peter Roe

November 3, 2011 at 9:41 am

“little minds” – “viscerally motivated ejaculations of discontent” – “Linking arms and singing Kumbaya” – “believers” – and you accuse me of being insulting! QED I think.

• John Dlouhy

November 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I was hoping you might infer my reason for posting this way, which was by example, but you didn’t, so let me state it explicitly:

The incessant taunting, and insulting of individuals, simply because they disagree with you is not appropriate even if you feel that you are in the “majority”. I had hoped when Paul started banning people. that would be enough to appease the “little minds”, but instead they’ve taken to constant, insult, taunting, gloating, and derision ever since. I am disappointed to see you partake in this.

• Thicket Reply

November 3, 2011 at 12:20 pm

John

Cool post. You have a lot of insight. The believers naturally won’t like it.

• Ghost Dawg Reply

November 4, 2011 at 1:25 am

“The incessant taunting, and insulting of individuals, simply because they disagree with you is not appropriate even if you feel that you are in the “majority”. ” (John D.)

Hey John & Thicket,

The above is the reason I don’t post to this forum anymore. After Paul semi- banned the “Terrible Three” for there skepticism, while claiming that it was for disruption, even though we showed that to be statistically false.

It is amazing to witness the delusion and self-righteousness that a mob mentality can achieve. People that disagree, must have “an ulterior motive” or are just paid shills. Why else would skeptics post to a forum concerning a topic that interests them? If you don’t blindly believe, then you are just plain evil.

Of course this website is called “e-Cat News” not “The E-Cat Fanclub”.

Too bad Paul has fooled himself into believing he is still “Independent”

I haven’t followed any claims like this before (Steorn, BLP), but I do remember the yahoo! stock boards during the internet bubble. All of a sudden, everybody, and their mother, and their uncle were investing in stocks. People that posted to those boards (no matter how reasonable)warning people that a stock was trading at 500 times it value, were destroyed by the “Group”, called “Paid Short Sellers”, people constantly claimed posters that disagreed with the “everything will keep going up” theory, worked for hedge funds…it’s actually pretty hilarious when you realize how little they actually understand.

I could replace the names here, and insert a different topic, and the same dumb groupthink is sure to follow.

• John Dlouhy

November 4, 2011 at 2:21 am

You are absolutely right GD and well said.

This is in fact a social phenomenon of some sort. The recent article about Krivit has HIM claiming that the cold fusion community is out to get him, and that people are being paid to disrupt HIS website. How about that for a reverse example? After this, there is no doubt in my mind that what we’re seeing is a psychological phenomenon. Your description of the internet bubble is very illuminating in this regard.

What’s more is I personally experienced my own growth through this phenomenon. This is the first site at which I have ever posted. I’m a little embarrassed to admit that in the beginning, I personally was swayed a bit by this “groupthink”, even against my better judgement. Now that I’ve tried to take a more sincere and rational approach, aspersions are being cast towards ME by people previously friendly. It just shows the strength of pathos over ethos when used insidiously.

I’m so glad you took the time to post this. When Paul imposed his limit, Thicket just smiled and said “I don’t think I ever posted more than 5 times a day anyway” which was true. I had to laugh. I understand, though, yours and popeye’s hesitancy to post here anymore. Its definitely our loss.

9. georgehants Reply

November 2, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Cold Fusion Experiment: Major Success or Complex Hoax?
    Fox News
    The only hitch: Scientists say the method — cold fusion — is patently impossible. They say it defies the laws of physics. Andrea Rossi doesn’t seem to …

• CM Edwards Reply

November 2, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Well, there they go.

Did AP ever carry a story on this?

• georgehants Reply

November 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Gustavo De La Torre
        AP is going to publish the story!!!
        —–
        petersvensson
        @propagare All I can say is “stay tuned.”

• Peter Roe Reply

November 2, 2011 at 6:20 pm

George – I don’t have a Twitter account – do you know what the question that @propagare asked was? Also the earlier response to @davidGilder (we don’t comment…) looks like it might be relevant.

• Peter Roe Reply

November 2, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Sorry George forget that – I’ve found out how to ‘work’ Twitter!

• Sojourner Soo Reply

November 2, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Yay! It’s about bloody time. I was just about to Tweet him again and tell him once more to “get cracking.” Thanks for this, Peter.

• Sojourner Soo

November 2, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Or george, rather. :)

• Peter Roe

November 2, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Not me, Soo – George found the update. Lots of people seem to be on his case now, including a certain @ecatnews! His reply is still a bit too vague for me, but I hope to be surprised.

• daniel maris Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:05 pm

AP are already looking stupid for sitting on the story and letting Fox News run away with it. Perhaps Rossi went to Fox after AP’s failure.

• Peter Roe Reply

November 2, 2011 at 6:50 pm

The Fox News report seems surprisingly fair and balanced. They have obviously contacted a number of people to try to get the facts, but seem to have encountered the usual pavlovian negative reactions from the various physicists they spoke to. Despite that the report seems tentatively positive overall.

• Peter Roe Reply

November 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm

It looks like the news about the e-cat is going to dribble out piecemeal rather than in a big splash, as some of us (well me, anyway) had rather naively hoped and assumed.

That might be a Good Thing I suppose – don’t want to startle the wildlife too much.

• raul heining Reply

November 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm

At least they didn’t mention Krivit.
        Regards
        raul

• Peter Roe Reply

November 2, 2011 at 7:42 pm

… or Rossi’s encounters with ‘the law’. Surprisingly neutral all told, considering that Fox News is at the core of the US corporate media machine (their coverage of the ‘occupy’ movement demonstrates how this works). Looks like AP have blown their exclusive.

• AB

November 2, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Perhaps they were impressed by Rossi’s “I’ll let the market decide” approach?

I kid. It is indeed surprisingly positive. They even went and contacted people instead of rehashing F&P drama from 20 years ago.

• daniel maris Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Yep, Fox News have been doing their job – the job of journalists! A lesson to all the other slumber-babies in the other agencies.

Remarkable…perhaps their owner Murdoch sees a potential opening. He likes that sort of marketing opportunity.

• AB Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Tone of the article aside, it is kind of badly written:

> Koomey explained that cold fusion defies the laws of thermodynamics

• CM Edwards Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Well, they had to scoop AP.

Probably shouldn’t have been in a hurry, though…

10. georgehants Reply

November 2, 2011 at 5:42 pm

John Dlouhy
    WE ARE STILL WAITING, AND WAITING, AND WAITING….

It would be understandable if these same skeptics where commenting on regular science blogs your question above, reference 23 years of waiting for main-line science to even admit that Cold Fusion exists.

11. H. Visscher Reply

November 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I think it is time to abandon the terms “sceptics” and “believers” and replace them with the terms “stubbornly ignorant” and “realists”…. Face it; E-Cat is a fact!

• Peter Roe Reply

November 2, 2011 at 7:59 pm

The skeptics seem happy with that term and in fact wear it as a badge of honour, even if they are less happy with ‘pseudoskeptic’ – denoting someone with an agenda, trying to deliberately divert discussion and attempting to drive people away.

It was they who invented the disparaging and deliberately insulting term ‘believer’ to try to caricature anyone not of their persuasion as some kind of happy clappy, eyes wide shut, magic thinking and scientifically ignorant idiot. Using the term probably makes them feel superior, but really it’s just another basic psychological tool in their armoury. As no-one except the pseudoskeptics uses the term, I don’t think we can get rid of it as long as they still ‘contribute’ here.

• John Dlouhy Reply

November 3, 2011 at 1:48 am

Visscher just stated uncategorically that the E-Cat is a fact. Then peter, you say that it is disparaging to refer to him as a believer? I’m not sure how else to refer to someone who believes in something unequivocally. Also I don’t use any specific term to feel superior, it just happens when I read other people’s posts. Some of you don’t set the bar all that high.

• Peter Roe Reply

November 3, 2011 at 10:18 am

John – I can’t speak for those very few who seem to have no remaining doubts at all, but I think that a substantial group who were previously ‘fence sitting’ have now moved tentatively into an area where we assume a high probability that Rossi’s LENR is real, and so can speculate on the implications and ramifications. It would be pointless to constantly reiterate the remaining reservations, but they are still there and are implicit in the speculative discussion. Its just a judgement call, not a religious belief, and those who make it are in general very far from being the ignorant idiots you try to stereotype. From my point of view this seems to be an entirely rational stance, but if you want to call such people ‘believers’ then there is not much I can do about it.

I have no wish to be personal, but I have observed over some time your own posts drifting from being slightly on the skeptical side of neutral and including obvious technical expertise, to what I can only interpret as a rather smirking and clearly hostile position that I simply don’t understand. If I become disillusioned with something, as I did for instance with Steorn at the time of the incomprehensible ‘oscilloscope’ demo, I just walk away, rather than hang around poking fun at those who have not reached the same conclusions as myself.

• Ghost Dawg

November 4, 2011 at 1:36 am

@Peter Roe

Pot.. meet Kettle!

You have got to be joking Peter. You attack anyone who mentions ANYTHING which rattles your blissfully ignorant dream of what you THINK is going on with Rossi and his e-cat. You are completely impossible to have a normal intelligent discussion with, unless a person agrees with you almost completely.

12. arian Reply

November 2, 2011 at 7:45 pm

• Renzo Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Good and balanced article

• Peter Roe Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Good article but I’m guessing they have a readership in the hundreds at most.

• AB Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:30 pm

This is the best article I’ve read so far. I’m guessing the author has followed the story for a while.

13. daniel maris Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Can we have a separate thread dedicated to the Fox News article?

I think it’s a really important breakthrough moment. For the first time Rossi has named a contact in an outside organisation of this magnitude as being involved with E cat development. And in this case absence of denial can be taken as confirmation I think.

• Az Reply

November 2, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Good point!!!

14. LCD Reply

November 2, 2011 at 11:10 pm

On the fox news article this was I think pretty telling

Allan hinted on his blog that an unnamed “customer” of Rossi’s device is a military organization that starts with an N. Rossi said this customer measured and verified the test — and told FoxNews.com that Paul Swanson with the U.S. Navy’s Space and Naval Warfare Systems unit (SPAWAR) can vouch for the demonstration.
    FoxNews.com spoke with a man at SPAWAR who identified himself as Swanson, and who said only that he was “not in a position to talk to the press.” Several other sources within the Navy and the Pentagon either declined to comment or did not return messages.

15. David Adao Reply

November 3, 2011 at 3:59 am

Thanks for bringing the world forward with your technology. I live in USA and can’t wait. I wish you all the best. You show thoseCorporate Energy Thieves that their time has come and gone. The Planet and Humanity thanks you.